The Final Goal In A Migrants Journey
Can I Be Naturalised As A British Citizen?
Many of you after residing in the United Kingdom after some time might want to consider becoming a British Citizen. Being a British Citizen gives you a certain freedom and allows you to live and work freely both in the United Kingdom and in the European Economic area should you wish to. You will be able to enjoy the fantastic health and education system. As long as you meet the criteria set out by the United Kingdom nationality law and meet the rules we have stated below we will be able to secure your British Citizenship in a very short time.
What Are The Requirements To Become British?
In order for us to submit a successful application for you, we ask that you are transparent with your personal life. We have a 100% success rate in our naturalisation applications and you can be rest assured that your application will be dealt in a fast and professional manner. The requirements that you must meet are;
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You must be of sound mind.
- You must intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member, or the service of a company or association established in the UK.
- You must be able to communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree.
- You must have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK.
- You must be of good character.
- Have resided in the UK legally for 10 years
In order for you to become naturalised you must also meet the residential requirements that means that you have;
- been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
- been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
- not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
- not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
- not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the ten-year period.
What If I Want My Children To Be Registered As A British Person?
Children do not have residency requirements to become British. They can apply at the same time as one of their parents. To be able to register the child must be under 18 on the day we that we submit the application. Once the child turns 18 he or she will need to apply for registration or naturalisation as an adult.
If your child was born when the parents had Indefinite leave to remain or were British already, then you do not have to apply for the child to register. They are classed as British by descent and you may apply directly for a British Passport.
There are several ways that a child can meet the requirements to register as a British citizen. Depending on the child’s circumstances, they will be able to apply for registration as a British citizen by entitlement or discretion. For further information on how to register you child please contact us for a consultation.
Why Choose Us?
By choosing Simon Noble Solicitors to assist you with your application you will receive one-to-one case management. One of our Solicitors or UK immigration advisers will manage your application from start to finish. Our Immigration adviser is an EX-Home Office Immigration Officer who has the very best in knowledge and experience, which will be used on your case.
What to do next?
Please call us on 0208 804 3594 or simply fill in our Free Enquiry No Obligation Form at the top of this page and we will call you back quickly
We will treat your enquiry as important and confidential and we will not pass your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. Pro-Visas Immigration Solicitors are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority